Vista d'Oro Varenna
if you are looking for somewhere special to stay then, Vista d'Oro overlooking Varenna town on the hillside toward Perledo makes the perfect location.
The residence has lots of parking, stunning views, swimming pools and lots of one and two bedroom apartments.
To see more please visit the Vista-d'Oro website.
TEN REASONS TO CHOOSE VARENNA
1. The buildings reach down to the water and visitors can enjoy direct access to the Lake from restaurants and whilst strolling. All traffic runs through the back of this small town, unlike many of the Lakes villages and towns.
2. Only this side of Lake Como has a trainline. Varenna is a stop and a 5 minute stroll from the centre.
3. Varenna is on the Golden Triangle, so called because it is a main lake ferry stop. Not only are there passenger ferries but also the car ferries which run between Menaggio/Cadenabbia) and Bellagio and Varenna.
4. The town has a central square which is traffic free and is at the end of a maze of small alleysways with restauarants and local shops. You can amble throughout the entire town, without dodging a moped!
5. The road system, provides a lakeside road from out of Varenna, to other towns but from Bellano, a few miles up the lake, the autostrada can be reached and then quickly up to Colico or down to Lecco for some serious shopping or onward to Milan of further.
6. The town has so many small bars are restaurants, you are never short of great local cuisine and somewhere to spend social evenings.
7. There are many walks and sites to see in the hills around Varenna. The hill walk to Bellano for example or a trip to Castello di Vezio are both well worth while.
8. Central water access: Hire a boat for the day. Have mid morning coffee on Isola di Comacina, have lunch in Cernobbio, drift back up the lake admiring the famous villas, only seen from the water.
9. Languish in the beautiful tiered botanical, lakeside gardens of Villa Monastero and Villa Cipressi.
10. Actually, the simplest reason is its beauty. You will be left wondering how all the right ingredients came together in the same place at the same time to create this splendid town.
Search Lake Como Hotels, Bed & Breakfasts, Guest Houses and Self Catering Accommodation.
Select your preferred start date from the calendar to view events.